ENGINEER I (two open positions)
2. ACCOUNTING CLERK
*Scroll down for decriptions of job openings:
1. IP SERVICES TECHNICIAN/NETWORK ENGINEER I
NineStar Connect currently has a job opening for the position of IP Services Technician/Network Engineer I. Utilizing our Fiber to the Home technology, NineStar Connect currently provides, voice, data, IPTV, power, and smart grid solutions to our customers. These, along with our other service offerings, make NineStar Connect an innovative and fast moving company. NineStar Connect allows you to work with the latest in communications and electric technologies, while providing a fast-paced and team centric atmosphere.
Essential job functions include:
- Monitor, Maintain, Manage, and Support our core network infrastructure including Wide Area Network (WAN) Local Area Network (LAN), and Uplink routers, switches, and IOS configuration
- Configure, install and maintain DSLAM equipment for broadband, voice and video via copper and fiber optics. This requires knowledge of POTS, DSL, FTTH,
VoIP, IGMP, and multiple networking protocols and terminology.
- Install, maintain, and support our IPTV head-end equipment
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot NineStar video infrastructure.
This includes STB and middleware content.
- Install and maintain special circuits on fiber based facilities, including PRI, T1, and DS-1
- Perform and Test configuration backups and recovery
- Receive, process and complete trouble tickets escalated from Help Desk
- Conduct research on network products, services, and standards in support of network development efforts
- Recommend, Schedule, and Perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Advanced understanding of routing and switching protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree)
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve issues using multiple platforms (Phone Based,
Click-to-Chat, Remote Support- WebEx, and On-Site)
- Proven analytical skills are required and must be process-oriented
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Be capable of analyzing and troubleshooting different technologies and issues
- Being capable of handling stressful situations
- Working as both a team and an individual
- Attention to detail and being organized
- Working off-hours and weekends as required and being on an on-call rotation schedule
- An advanced understanding of IPTV and multicast technologies is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux Operating System, specifically Debian
Enhanced proficiency of the following technologies:
- Cisco (Multiple product lines including the 3400, 3560, 7600 and ASR 1000 & 9000 series switches/routers)
- Quality of Service (QOS)
- Routing Protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, PIM, and BGP)
- Security Technologies (Firewalls, IPSEC, ACLs, IPS)
- Linux services (LAMP, Radius, etc)
- VoIP Protocols
- T1/PRI Concepts
- PHP experience is a plus
Experience with the following technologies is considered a plus:
- Calix products and services
- Zhone products and services
- ADTRAN products and services
- Cisco IOS XR platform
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field; a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Network Engineer or related position a plus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One or more of the following certifications CCNA, CCNP, CCNA-SP, CCNP-SP or LPIC-1 is a plus.
NineStar Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k). If you would like to apply for a position, please contact HR by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your resume to NineStar Connect, Attn: Human Resources, 2243 E. Main
Street, Greenfield, IN 46140.
2. ACCOUNTING CLERK
NineStar Connect is seeking an Accounting Clerk. Associate’s Degree in Accounting required and at least 1-2 years of experience with accounts payable, general accounting, and Excel spreadsheets.
Duties will include:
- Accounts Payable
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist with month end accounting close
- Assist with Daily Cash Receipts
- Assist with W-9 and 1099 preparation
- Perform other projects assigned on an as-needed basis
- Requires knowledge of the principles and practices of accounts payable and general accounting; financial information and reporting systems; automated financial information systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment and with external customers.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrates problem resolution skills, exhibits competent judgment on varying tasks.
- Experience with IVUE a plus
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting
Outstanding pay and benefits available.
Forward your resumes to NineStar Connect, Attn: Ryan Fox, 2243 E. Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140 by September 15, 2014.