2. SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/CSR
- Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing fiber optic and copper cable.
Performs related construction tasks as required.
- Repair and maintain aerial cable and terminals. Install and remove aerial cable and strands, attaching hardware, inspecting and repairing lines as needed.
- Install protection devices at termination locations and demarcation devices (including FTTH NIDS) at subscriber premises and prepares cabinet sites in accordance with company standards.
- Basic knowledge of copper and fiber optic cable structure and operation.
- Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
- Skill in reading specification sheets, staking sheets and cable records.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a
professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to splice copper and fiber optic cables.
- Safety Oriented
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work independently and make technical decisions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Function as a team player.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Must have Class “A” (or greater) CDL
- High school diploma or equivalent. Intermediate level position requiring a minimum of 3 years’ experience in telecommunications plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance. Test, repair, and splicing schools beneficial.
7, 2014 to NineStar Connect, Attn: Jamie Bell, 2243 E. Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140 (email – firstname.lastname@example.org)
NineStar Connect currently has a job opening for a hybrid position of Support Center Technician and Customer Service Rep. Utilizing our Fiber to the Home technology, NineStar Connect currently provides, voice, data, IPTV, power, and smart grid solutions to our customers. These, along with our other service offerings, make NineStar Connect an innovative and fast moving company. NineStar Connect allows you to work with the latest in communications and electric technologies, while providing a fast-paced and team
This position’s responsibilities will include processing service orders, taking bill payments, walking customer through our different services and packages for the Customer Service group. For the Network Operations group, this position will mostly include phone based technical support across all our products and services, including phone, internet, IPTV, home security systems, and electric outage calls.
Essential job functions include:
- An individual that is passionate and excited to provide excellent customer and technical support
- Familiarity with multiple Operating Systems (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, and 8 ).
- Advanced understanding of common network terminology and technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using multiple platforms (Phone Based, Click-to-Chat, Remote Support, and On-Site)
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Be capable of analyzing and troubleshooting different technologies and issues
- Being capable of handling stressful situations
- Working as both a team and an individual
A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field; a minimum of one (1) year experience in a help desk or related position a plus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NineStar Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k). If you would like to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com.