Learn more about:
BASIC LOCAL SERVICE
If you notice a problem with your telephone, please follow the steps provided:
- Unplug a phone that is in good working order.
- Go to the protector on outside of house.
- Unscrew the cover and open cover of protector.
- Unplug the modular jack, wait 2 minutes and plug the phone set into the modular jack socket.
- Your inside wiring is now disconnected and your phone set is directly plugged into NineStar company lines.
- If you have a dial tone, then the problem is inside wiring or equipment.
Unplug the phone set from the protector and plug the internal modular jack back into the protector. Disconnect all equipment from the inside jacks (phones, fax, satellite dish, modems, etc.), then with a phone in good working order, verify the dial tone. This will help isolate the trouble if it is equipment related.
- If you do not have dial tone while plugged into the protector, then the problem is with NineStar Connect company lines or the phone set you used to plug into the protector. Try another set (if available) and plug into the modular jack socket to verify.
- If you still do not have dial tone, please call and we will send a repair technician to isolate and fix the trouble.
- The repair technician will not troubleshoot inside wiring. We can schedule an inside repair technician to repair inside wiring. There is a service charge of $40 per hour plus materials if the problem is inside your home.
By trying this procedure before calling an inside repair technician, you may be able to fix the problem yourself and in turn save money.