- How do I know when broadband is installed?
- How much does it cost to install?
- How much is the equipment?
- How can I be billed for installation and/or equipment?
When we finish the installation to the NID, we will leave a tag on the door indicating that broadband has been installed and tested. If you are doing a self install, then you are ready to begin. If you are having NineStar Internet take care of the inside work, we will contact you to set up an appointment time to complete the job.
There are 2 options for installation past the NID (box on the side of your home):
- Self-Install (free + equipment)- This would require terminating the broadband line from our NID on the side of your home to a jack near your computer, installing an ADSL Modem, possibly installing a NIC (Network Interface Card) into your computer, and configuring software and hardware.
- In-home Installation – If you would like someone to come to the home to take care of the inside piece, we will gladly do this at a labor rate of $75 per run plus equipment.
If you choose speeds up to 1M, you can receive a free modem/router with a 2 year contract. Choose 5M and get a FREE modem/router with a 1 year contract.
For added convenience, you can install a wireless gateway (not sold by NineStar) to enable mobile access throughout your house!
If you wish to buy your equipment and have us take care of installation, you may elect to have the charges placed on your telephone bill. You may also visit one of our office locations and pay with cash, check or credit card.