NineStar Connect and NineStar Communications participate in the Lifeline program. Lifeline is a federal program that provides a monthly telephone discount to eligible, low-income families. The programs are administered by local telephone companies.
Lifeline provides a $9.25 discount to eligible households each month. The Lifeline program is available for only one phone line per eligible home.
Consumers that have an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines qualify for assistance.
|2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines – 135%|
|Household Size||48 Contiguous States and D.C.|
|For each additional
You may also qualify for Lifeline if you, your dependent, or your household is enrolled in one or more of the following assistance programs:
- Medicaid or Hoosier Healthwise
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), cash assistance, IMPACT (Indiana Manpower Placement and Comp. Training), TANF work program
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly Food Stamps
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- The National School Lunch Program free lunch only
The following conditions apply for Lifeline participation:
- Telephone service must be listed in your name.
- Lifeline is available on one telephone line per household.
- If you or someone in your household has Lifeline on a wireless phone, then you cannot get it on your home phone too.
- You may not transfer your Lifeline discount to another person, even if he or she qualifies for Lifeline.
NineStar Connect customers can receive an application by calling 1-888-587-7032.
NineStar Communications customers can receive an application by calling 1-888-587-7033.