Operation Round-Up: Helping our members help others
Through the Operation Round-Up Program, the NineStar Community Trust accumulates and distributes charitable funds to groups and organizations within our electric, communications, and water/wastewater service areas. The source of these funds is NineStar’s members who generously volunteer for their bills to be rounded up to the next highest dollar amount so they can donate the difference. Donations are accumulated by the co-op and transferred to NineStar Community Trust. Any group, organization, or charity with a primary mission that benefits a significant portion of NineStar’s membership is eligible for funds. The maximum amount available is $10,000 per annual request.
- Download an Operation Round-Up application here, pick one up at either of the NineStar campuses, or contact us at 317-323-3087 and we will mail one to your organization.
- Mail the completed application to NineStar Connect, Attn: Operation Round-Up, 2243 East Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140.
- Questions? Email us at OperationRoundUp@NineStarConnect.com or call at 317-323-3087.
- Applications will be reviewed by a 15- member Board of Trustees, which meets at least quarterly. This year’s application deadlines are Jan. 10, April 10, July 10, and Oct. 9.
- Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision within 30 days following Board action on each application. The 2020 meeting dates are Feb. 6, May 7, Aug. 6 and Nov. 5.
- A note: Requests for political contributions or utility bill payments are not considered.
The list of 2019 Operation Round-Up Recipients includes:
- Agape Therapeutic Riding Resources
- Beautify Knightstown
- Greenfield Central Band Boosters
- Greenfield Central Schools, Camp Invention
- Eastern Hancock Broadcasting Program
- Fuse, Inc.
- Hancock County Ag Association
- Hancock County Children’s Choir
- Hancock County Historical Society
- Hancock County Women’s Resource Center
- IWIN (Indiana Women in Need) Foundation
- Love Inc.
- Mental Health Partners of Hancock County
- Middletown, Fall Creek Parks Department
- More Than Conquerors
- NASA-Neighborhood Against Substance Abuse
- New Palestine Intermediate School Robotics
- One Green Township Voluntary Fire Department
- Riley Old Home Society
- Royal Family Kids’ 101
- Rushville Public Library
- Shenandoah Middle School Media Center
- The Landing
- VIPS (Visually Impaired Preschool)
- Zoey’s Place Child Advocacy
- Lifeline Program
We’re available to our members! If you need help with any of your NineStar Connect services, use the link below to get in touch.