Operation Round-Up: Helping our members help others
Through the Operation Round-Up Program, the NineStar Community Trust accumulates and distributes charitable funds to groups and organizations within our electric, communications, and water/wastewater service areas. The source of these funds is NineStar’s members who generously volunteer for their bills to be rounded up to the next highest dollar amount so they can donate the difference. Donations are accumulated by the co-op and transferred to NineStar Community Trust. Any group, organization, or charity with a primary mission that benefits a significant portion of NineStar’s membership is eligible for funds. The maximum amount available is $10,000 per annual request.
- Download an Operation Round-Up application here, pick one up at either of the NineStar campuses, or contact us at 317-323-3087 and we will mail one to your organization.
- Mail the completed application to NineStar Connect, Attn: Operation Round-Up, 2243 East Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140.
- Questions? Email us at OperationRoundUp@NineStarConnect.com or call at 317-323-3087.
- Applications will be reviewed by a 15- member Board of Trustees, which meets at least quarterly. This year’s application deadlines are January 6, April 7, July 7 and October 6, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision within 30 days following Board action on each application. The 2023 meeting dates are February 2, May 4, August 3 and November 2.
- A note: Requests for political contributions or utility bill payments are not considered.
The list of 2022 Operation Round-Up Recipients includes:
- Beautify Knightstown
- Blue Angel Connect
- Changing Footprints
- Eastern Hancock Schools
- Friends of Fall Park
- Girls on the Run of Central Indiana
- Greenfield-Central Family, Career & Community Program
- Hancock County Behavioral Health Court
- Hancock County Friends of CASA
- Indiana Wish, Inc.
- Indiana Women in Need (IWIN) Foundation
- Love Inc. of Greater Hancock County
- Mental Health Partners of Hancock County
- Morristown Visionary Committee
- Neighborhoods Against Substance Abuse (NASA)
- New Palestine Intermediate Robotics
- New Palestine Junior High Robotics
- Pendleton American Legion Post 117
- Talitha Koum Women’s Recovery
- Turn Away No Longer, Inc.
- Velma Wortman Morristown Branch – Shelby County Library
- Vernon Township Fire Department
We’re available to our members! If you need help with any of your NineStar Connect services, use the link below to get in touch.