Operation Round-Up: Helping our members help others
Through the Operation Round-Up Program, the NineStar Community Trust accumulates and distributes charitable funds to groups and organizations within our electric, communications, and water/wastewater service areas. The source of these funds is NineStar’s members who generously volunteer for their bills to be rounded up to the next highest dollar amount so they can donate the difference. Donations are accumulated by the co-op and transferred to NineStar Community Trust. Any group, organization, or charity with a primary mission that benefits a significant portion of NineStar’s membership is eligible for funds. The maximum amount available is $10,000 per annual request.
- Download an Operation Round-Up application here, pick one up at either of the NineStar campuses, or contact us at 317-323-3087 and we will mail one to your organization.
- Mail the completed application to NineStar Connect, Attn: Operation Round-Up, 2243 East Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140.
- Questions? Email us at OperationRoundUp@NineStarConnect.com or call at 317-323-3087.
- Applications will be reviewed by a 15- member Board of Trustees, which meets at least quarterly. This year’s application deadlines are January 7, April 8, July 8 and October 7, 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision within 30 days following Board action on each application. The 2022 meeting dates are February 3, May 5, August 4 and November 3.
- A note: Requests for political contributions or utility bill payments are not considered.
The list of 2021 Operation Round-Up Recipients includes:
- Academy Place Apartments
- Agape Therapeutic Riding Resource Center
- Beautify Knightstown, Inc.
- Blue Angel Connect
- Bosma Visionary Opportunities
- Friends of Hancock County, CASA
- Fortville-Vernon Township Public Library
- Fuse Inc.
- Greenfield Veterans Honor Guard
- Hancock 4 Kids
- Hancock County Children’s Choir
- Hancock County Extension Homemakers
- Hope Center Indy, David Nolen Food Pantry
- More Than Conquerors
- New Life Christian Fellowship
- New Palestine Bible Church, Trail Life
- New Palestine Intermediate Robotics
- New Palestine Junior High Robotics
- Purdue Extension, Hancock County
- Talitha Koum Women’s Recovery House
- United Way of Central Indiana, ReadUp Program
- Visually Impaired Preschool Services (VIPS)
- Zoey’s Place
We’re available to our members! If you need help with any of your NineStar Connect services, use the link below to get in touch.