2023 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
NineStar provides 15 scholarships annually to exceptional high school seniors in our service area.
- The graduating senior must live in a NineStar-member household.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or its equivalent, at the time of the application.
- Application forms must be submitted online or to NineStar’s South Campus by 3pm on February 10, 2023.
Please fill out the online application below or CLICK HERE for a printable version. Please review selection standards and procedures below.
** You must submit an official transcript signed by a counselor or principal. **
This form is currently closed for submissions.
2023 SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
NineStar Connect and its subsidiary companies shall make its scholarship award in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- TITLE OF AWARD: The scholarship award shall be titled and designated for all purposes as the “NineStar Scholarship Award.”
- AWARDS COMMITTEE: The Awards Committee shall be responsible for the following:
a. Preparation of the application
b. Administration of awards program
c. Annual review of awards program
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: NineStar shall make available the sum of fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) for its scholarship award and the sum shall be given to fifteen (15) students in the sum of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) each pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth in these procedures. Any awards not used, in whole or in part, shall become the property of NineStar.
- CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: In order for a student to be eligible for selection of the award, each of the following criteria must be met:
a. As of February 1, 2023, the student’s principal residence must be with said student’s parent or legal guardian who is a member of NineStar Connect or a customer of NineStar Communications in good standing.
b. The student must be a 2022/2023 school year graduating high school student.
c. The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or its equivalent, at the time of the application.
- APPLICATION: The application for this award must be:
a. Submitted on a form furnished by NineStar.
b. Accompanied by an official transcript clearly substantiating the student’s having maintained, at time of application, a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average, verified in writing by said student’s high school principal or guidance counselor as to authenticity.
c. The application must be legible and complete.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
a. Said application shall be submitted to NineStar Connect at its principal place of business located at 2243 E. Main Street, Greenfield, Indiana 46140.
b. Applications must be submitted after November 28, 2022, but not later than February 10, 2023. Any applications received after 3:00 pm February 10, 2023, will not be considered in the application process.
c. Incomplete or illegible applications shall be discarded at the sole discretion of NineStar.
d. NineStar shall have the right, but not the obligation, to investigate any information provided by an applicant and, should NineStar determine in its sole discretion that incorrect or misleading information has been provided by the applicant, such application may be discarded, or, if an award has been made, the same may be terminated and forfeited at its discretion.
e. NineStar will make reasonable efforts to publish scholarship award information, and scholarship award deadlines in the quarterly information newsletters, letters to area schools known to be attended by NineStar member and customer students, as defined above, and by news releases.
f. NineStar will make reasonable efforts to provide application forms to the aforementioned high schools, but the obligation of obtaining and completing said application shall be that of the student. Application forms will be available to the public at all NineStar offices beginning November 28, 2022.
- SELECTION PROCESS: Those applicants meeting the above criteria and submitting complete and proper application forms pursuant to the deadline shall be included in a random draw conducted by NineStar prior to the Annual Meeting on March 24, 2023. Such random selection process shall be established to provide every proper applicant with an equal chance of being selected as one of the fifteen (15) awardees. Winners will be contacted after the drawing and filmed for a video which will air at the Annual Meeting. The recipients of such awards, along with their parent or guardian, shall be required to execute a contract furnished by NineStar, guaranteeing the proper use of such award.
USE OF AWARD
The aforementioned fifteen (15) awards shall be utilized by the selected applicants to further their education at any institution that is accredited by the “Commission on Institutions of Higher Education at the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools”.
Such award shall be paid directly to said student or institution for tuition, if possible. If paid directly to said student, proof of payment of tuition, room and board, student fees, books or supplies will be required.
Any recipient who has received such scholastic award but fails to attend an accredited institution or otherwise fails to complete the term or terms for which the scholastic award was granted, shall immediately upon termination refund any unused portion of such award to NineStar Connect. Should such scholarship award not be used within twelve (12) months from such student’s date of selection, the same shall be forfeited.
This application and the official transcript must be received by
Dominique Egbert, Executive Assistant
NineStar Connect, 2243 E. Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140
on or before 3:00 pm on Friday, February 10, 2023.