- Turn off coffee makers when not in use.
- Use refrigerator’s anti-sweat feature only if necessary.
- Switch your refrigerator’s power-saver to “ON,” if available.
- Clean refrigerator coils annually.
- If not frost-free, regularly defrost refrigerator or freezer to avoid ice buildup.
- Set the refrigerator temperature to 34° – 37°F and freezer temperature to 0° – 5°F.
- Unplug unused refrigerators or freezers. Recycle them if you do not need them.
- Micro that please. Use the microwave instead of the oven — it can use as much as 80% less energy.
- Contain the heat. Get three times the efficiency by covering your pots when cooking.
- If you are heating water on the stove, use hot tap water instead of cold.
- Remember to use the kitchen exhaust fan when cooking.
Turn it off after cooking and cover to prevent air leaks.
- Use a slow-cooker instead of simmering foods on the stove.
- If rinsing dirty dishes before putting them into the dishwasher, do so with cold water.
- Use cold water for garbage disposal.
- Only run dishwasher when fully loaded.
Contact NineStar’s Professional Energy Advisor Today