- Wash clothes in cold water. Use hot water only for very dirty loads.
- Only do full laundry loads.
- If you must do smaller loads, adjust the water level in the washing machine to match the load size, especially when using hot water.
- Always use cold-water rinse.
- Use bath towels at least twice before washing them.
- Clean dryer’s lint trap before each load.
- Make sure the dryer’s outdoor exhaust door is not blocked or clogged.
- Verify dryer vent hose is tightly connected to the inside wall fitting.
- Check that the dryer vent hose is tightly connected to dryer.
- Minimize clothes drying time by using an auto moisture sensor, if available.
- Dry consecutive loads to harvest heat remaining in dryer from last load.
- In hot weather, avoid running the dryer during the heat of the day.
- Consider using a “solar-powered” clothes dryer: an old fashioned clothes line.
Contact NineStar’s Professional Energy Advisor Today