Slow Internet Speeds?
All speed tests should be done with a wired connection. Speed test performed over WiFi can vary depending on numerous factors.
- Unplug both router & modem*
- Wait at least 30 seconds
- Plug the modem back in
- Wait at least 60 seconds
- Plug the router back in
- Wait at least two minutes
- Test to see if the problem went away (if not go to step 8)
- Check what WIFI connection you are on, 2.4ghz vs. 5ghz band
- If on 2.4ghz switch to 5ghz band
- Test to see if the problem went away (if you do not see two bands, contact the manufacture of the router.)
*You will lose internet connection when they reboot the Modem and Router.