Top 15 Energy Savings Tips
- Replace any light bulb, especially ones that are on more than one hour per day, with a light-emitting diode (LED) bulb.
- Close shades and drapes during the day to help keep heat out in summer.
- Keep fireplace dampers tightly closed when not in use.
- Plug electronic devices such as cable boxes, printers and TVs into power strips to turn o when not in use.
- Turn off Pool/Spa pumps and heaters when not needed.
- Outside your home, caulk around all exterior wall penetrations.
- Weather seal attic access and crawlspace access openings.
- Check weather sealing around windows and doors and keep locked for a tighter seal.
- Set thermostat to conservative set points.
- Change HVAC air filters monthly.
- Use dishwasher’s air-dry cycle instead of the heat-dry cycle to dry dishes.
- Keep your garage door down.
- Set water heater temperature to 120°F or less.
- Replace older appliances with new Energy Star rated appliances.
- Check seals on refrigerator and freezer doors for leaks or
damage and clean coils at least annually
Contact NineStar’s Professional Energy Advisor Today