- For households with 1 or 2 members, a 115°F setting may work fine.
- Install a water heater wrap, also known as a water heater blanket, per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Drain 1-2 gallons from bottom of water heater each year to reduce sediment build up.
- Install heat traps on hot and cold water lines when it’s time to replace your water heater.
- Insulate exposed hot water lines.
- While this may seem like an obvious tip, use cold water for most laundry loads (especially during the rinse cycle).
- Limit shower length to 5-7 minutes.
- Install low-flow water saving shower heads.
- Fix dripping faucets.
- Don’t let the water run while you are shaving or brushing your teeth.
Contact NineStar’s Professional Energy Advisor Today